Westminster Glen is fortunate to have curbside mail delivery. Each homeowner has their own mailbox, either in a single column or in one shared with their neighbor. These columns are located next to the street in the county right-of-way.
The columns are constructed on a concrete foundation, and are made of white limestone blocks with a cast concrete top. All are the same size, 2 ft x 2 ft x 5 ft high, plus the concrete cap.
The cast top and house number blocks are available from:
Cast Limestone Products of Texas
105 Green Pasture Drive
Hutto, TX 78634
If your column is damaged by a vehicle (which seems to happen frequently…) and needs to be repaired, no ACC approval is needed unless you are changing the mailboxes. If the cast top is damaged to the point of needing replacement you must replace it with the original style cap from Cast Limestone Products.
If desired, Locking Mailboxes may be installed to replace the standard metal boxes, following these ACC guidelines:
1. Like any exterior modifications on your property, changing to a locking mailbox needs prior approval from the ACC. Submit the standard ACC Modification Request Form. There is no fee.
2. If the mailbox column has two boxes, both neighbors should go together on the project.
3. The mailbox column must be reconstructed in the same spot, be the same size, and look the same as before, including the address blocks.
4. These mailboxes have been approved by the ACC:
• If you have a two-mailbox column, two of these will fit side-by-side in each column:
Mail Boss Mail Manager Pro 7507 (11-1/4" H x 10-3/4" W x 21" D), available here.
Columbia Gorge Secure Locking Mailbox (15” H x 10-5/8" W x 21-1/4" D), available here.
The Columbia Gorge is larger and holds more mail, but gray is the closest color to white. It should be painted white before installation.
• If you have a single-mailbox column, either of those above will fit, or either of these:
Mail Boss Curbside 7107 (13-1/4" H x 11-1/4" W x 21" D), available here.
Mail Boss Package Master 7207 (16-1/2" H x 12” W x 21-1/2" D), available here.
White is the preferred color.
5. If you would like a contractor referral, contact the ACC.
© Copyright Westminster Glen Estates, Inc.