Westminster Glen is fortunate to have curbside mail delivery. Each homeowner has their own mailbox, either in a single column or in one shared with their neighbor. These columns are located next to the street in the county right-of-way.
The columns are constructed on a concrete foundation, and are made of white limestone blocks with a cast concrete top. All are the same size, 2 ft x 2 ft x 5 ft high, plus the concrete cap.
The cast top and house number blocks are available from:
Cast Limestone Products of Texas
105 Green Pasture Drive
Hutto, TX 78634
If desired, Locking Mailboxes may be installed to replace the standard metal boxes, following these ACC guidelines:
1. Like any exterior modifications on your property, changing to a locking mailbox needs prior approval from the ACC. Submit the standard ACC Modification Request Form. There is no fee.
2. If the mailbox column has two boxes, both neighbors should go together on the project.
3. The mailbox column must be reconstructed in the same spot, be the same size, and look the same as before, including the address blocks.
4. These mailboxes have been approved by the ACC. Two will fit side-by-side in each column:
• The Gorge Secure Locking Mailbox (15"H x 10-5/8" W x 21-1/4" D), available here.
• The Mail Boss Mail Manager 7107 (13-3/4" H x 11-1/8" W x 21" D), available here.
White is the preferred color; depending on avaialblility the Gorge mailbox may only come in gray, however, and should be painted white before installation..
For a contractor referral, contact the ACC.
© Copyright 2019 Westminster Glen Estates, Inc.
Banner photo by Rick Capozza